Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Extended family blessings

First I want to apologize to my adoring fan club for being so delinquent in posting, but there have been a few snags in my life in the course of the past week but I'm back & ready or not here I come.

I had the opportunity to 'go down the shore' this weekend. (I quote that expression because no where else in the world is it called 'going down the shore'. But I'll save that chat for another post.)
When I started this blog I mentioned my love of family and how I will integrate them into this conversation between us. Me, I'm only one of 3 but my Mother was one of 7 and Father one of 5 so I have plenty of cousins to speak of some I am very close with, some moderately close with and others I haven't seen in 40+ years.

I was so blessed to spend Friday night with my 2 nephews, Chris & Danny and their families (and again, I will speak on these 2 later). From Saturday to Sunday I ventured over to my cousin Joe and his wife Donna's house. Upon arrival, albeit a wee bit late because of something called TEQUILA the night before, I was served a delicious lunch of homemade potato salad, grilled kiebasi, beans, loads of olives, & pickles all served on beautiful blue, stoneware plates in their beautiful garden.
I hadn't seen Joe & Donna's girls since last October and let me tell you, I had to sit down to absorb their children's growth & beauty since the last time I saw them. Lily (Elizabeth Helen) is 12, Missy (Melissa) is 11 & Mary is 3. It was obvious from just physical appearance that both Lily & Missy need to grow into their exceedingly long legs. As we sat and ate and chatted I was astounded at the remarkable maturity, beauty and intellictual gifts given to Lily; Missy, while as gifted has a totally different personality and is more 'silly' in her delivery. Mary, well Mary is Mary as both Donna and Joe told me before I got there on Saturday.

When we were out to Mary's favorite restaurant (Panda) on Saturday night, she wanted to chat about something no one at the table was talking about, and she looked at me and said, "Maureen, not to change the subject, but......" I looked at her and her mother Donna, and couldn't believe a 3 year old was talking to me like a 30 year old.

During the course of the weekend I was given the gift of family, of their love and watching 2 people I adore, my cousin Joe & his wife Donna be the best parents that I have ever seen.

On Monday I had to relive how I got to be so close to Joe & Donna and it started in Church, where it all starts. We all share a love for Our Lord, Family & living a good life.

My wish for you today is that today you have a good life.

Deuteronomy 7:13"He will love you and bless you and multiply you; He will also bless the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground, your grain and your new wine and your oil, the increase of your herd and the young of your flock, in the land which He swore to your forefathers to give you.















Now you had to know that Pretty would be in a picture. God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. no pix from friday night??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, see comment: "I was so blessed to spend Friday night with my 2 nephews, Chris & Danny and their families (and again, I will speak on these 2 later)."

    ReplyDelete