Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My very first OFFICIAL blog

So who knows where this is going to lead to but here I go - it reminds me of when I was a kid and standing at the side of the 16th street pool and planning on jumping into the FREEZING cold water.......hesitate......hesitate...........JUMP!

Since I have embraced the world of Facebook I always have new 'Status' running through my head and then I think WHO CARES, other than you. But I think people do care and want to share it, but FB is not necessarily the place to share all your issues on, so hence the blog. It can serve several purposes, one to get it off my chest and mind to make me feel better & #2 to let others do the same.

I have often described myself as 'particular' because I like things done a particular way; so when someone does it differently, my head twists & turns like my Prety Pug's doorknob shaped head and I have to learn to accept that their version is OK even if it isn't my version, which of course is right.

I have a tremendous amount of pet peeves, particularly when it comes to people's behavior and how their self-absorbed, head up-their-ass attitude affects me and other innocents around them.

Here are a few instances just on my commute into the big city today: Tailgaters, PISS ME OFF! If you are in a hurry, either leave on time or go around me, and when you go around me you better not lean over and glare into my car window to see if I am from outter EFFING space.

Then, while standing on the HBLRT (that would be the Hudson Bergen Light Rail Train for those of you not familiar) I was losing my balance because of where I was forced to stand on the train and started to fall backwards while still holding onto the bar. I bent so far back and off to the side, I was seconds from hitting the floor, why? Because everyone moved out of my way. Wouldn't you think that someone would have helped me, or braced me? Nope! Effing A-holes I thought.

WHICH was quickly followed up by a young lady loudly announcing that there was a bug on the floor and she did a side-step. I thought Mr. Black-Wingtips was going to stomp on it, only to kick it ONTO me and into my flip-flop. HEY, THANKS A LOT, WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST KILL THE DAMN BUG!!!!!!!!

After that, life is a joy.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your OFFICIAL blog! I enjoyed reading your first post - it is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I just tried to post something and it went out into cyberspace and never came back!! I too love to write and find that when I spew on paper things are not as bad. I haven't done it in a while. Typing does the same thing to plus you get to listen to the sounds of emotions coming out on the keyboard!! We're gonna have fun with this!! Thanks, Maur! Ei

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea for you and looking forward to your views are things. We are always on the same page so.....write on baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mo: good luck with this.... love the article about being a mom and daughter... so glad that you and Ed have evolved such a great relationship.. hope letting off steam helps with life's daily annoyances... Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. M - Great writing potential I see here - keep typing I look forward to hearing more advice from the one and only Maureen B!

    Wait a minute - this better not morph into - I have a cousin-in law who is younger than me - and we reversed roles - she takes care of me now ---
    Great Job! Eileen

    ReplyDelete